Archive: Aloha Juicy

5.24.2009


image nameimage nameimage name
When this charm first came out and was being called a snow globe I was excited to see it and felt disappointed when the shape was more dome than circular, but I got over it. Now I am immediately taken back to cheap souvenir stores and stands I encountered as a child whenever I look at this.

I think the best part has got to be the tiny pearls that represent the iconic "snow" inside of the globe. Having said that, it may be the only thing that I really love about this charm. Why? My biggest irritation is the plastic dome itself. Despite virtually no use (I've taken it out a handful of times to photograph it but have never worn it around) the casing is easily scratched and creates a cloudy surface, which distorts the pieces inside. I also hate the way it hangs -- it just looks weird! Another downside to this charm is that the small pearls do get stuck in the back, as you can see in the middle picture. It takes a whole lot of shaking to dislodge them.

The concept is awesome and the artwork inside is really, really cute. But if Juicy had put a little more thought into their materials and execution (adding a clasp to the top doesn't seem like it would have been that hard) they could have really hit it out of the park with this one. That isn't to say that my complaints take away from this charm; it is still pretty hard to obtain, and very pricey when you can.

Price: 55.00
Box: Black/Blue
Code: YJRU0789

Comments

No response to “Archive: Aloha Juicy”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Charm Candy. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger