Stash: Tiered Cake

12.29.2009


image nameimage nameimage name

So this charm probably doesn't warrant three photos since it's the same all the way around, but I had problems getting the strawberries in focus. Hopefully between these you can get a good idea of what this charm looks like. For the record, the middle photo has the most accurate coloring. It's more of a dark, warm pink than the other two make it out to be.

Now. Who doesn't love cake?! I suspect very few. I love to bake and have, so far, collected all of Juicy's baked good charms (that I know of) so this one had to join the family.

The pink definitely might be a little overkill for some. The entire cake itself is coated in dark pink; not even the piping detail is in a different color. Still, it stands out pretty well. I don't know if it's the same on all charms, but on mine the top two tiers have sharper piping than the bottom tier. It's not really noticeable unless you've been staring at it for half an hour, trying to get a good picture of it. ;)

I think that the strawberries set atop each tier are what really makes this cake worth having. They're small, have exceptionally little seed detail on each one, and add that flare of decadence you often see in boutique bakery windows. A dollop of whipped cream on top finishes off this very sweet little piece. Again, I have no pictures of the bottom of the charm but it's nothing to write home about; the Juicy banner and a small crown stamped on.

The Tiered Cake seems to have gone from most websites, however I see that it's still available on Revolve. This is a good indicator that it isn't too hard to find yet. The MSRP is absurd, so I would really hesitate on paying full price if you can't find it at a discount. As much as I love Juicy charms they're really losing me lately with their near-constant releases, and wild pricing for what is just costume jewelry at the end of the day.

Price: 52.00
Box: Brown/Pink
Code: YJRU3313

Comments

No response to “Stash: Tiered Cake”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Charm Candy. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger